2003 Svt Cobra, Factory Default

Hi all, My friend just got a brand new cobra fresh from the dealership about three weeks ago and the motor has already blew :( . Well he took it back and ran the codes and it said that the SC malfuctioned, and ran the boost to high and blew the motor braking the timing chain. Well my question to yall is has this happend to anyone else, or is this even able to happed

PS-car is completely stock, only has flows, 1500 miles on engine :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

RalphWT said:
Hi all, My friend just got a brand new cobra fresh from the dealership about three weeks ago and the motor has already blew :( . Well he took it back and ran the codes and it said that the SC malfuctioned, and ran the boost to high and blew the motor braking the timing chain. Well my question to yall is has this happend to anyone else, or is this even able to happed

PS-car is completely stock, only has flows, 1500 miles on engine :shrug:
Sounds like a freak thing to me, theres people running 500, 600, 700 and even 800rwhp and I havent heard of engines blowing yet :O

Well mine threw a rod at 1286mi. Looked like poor assembly though. When I saw my old motor it looked as though the rod cap just came off and let the rod go. I also heard some uncomfirmed rumors of another local guy who lost his motor very recently...dont know any more than that though. And whats the deal with the boost by-pass mod? What sort of problems can that create?