2004 3.9 V6 Need dual exhaust

2004-Musty-88

Jul 18, 2007
I just registered on here so bear with me, LOL. Once I get organized I can put some pics up. But anyway, I was looking to get dual exhaust here, or ATLEAST something that makes my musty louder. So either just a muffler or the dual, depending on the price difference. I really dont want to spend above $350 if thats possible hahaha. I heard that Flowermaster super 40 series for the mustangs were good, but I cant find anything. Usually everything I come across is above $500!!:bang: I got the 3.9 V6 in my 2004, which is probly the same compared to the 3.8 when looking for mufflers/exhaust, i think. If anyone can point me in any direction it would be greatly appreciated!

• Sponsors (?)

I have the same vehicle and your not going to get a pre-fab system for the price you want unless off ebay or craigslist. Your best bet is to find some GT-Take offs and get those installed. It should come to the price you have in mind. You can always change the mufflers out later if they are not loud enough for you.

Visit some "hole in the wall" muffler shops and see what they can do for you. When I had my first stang, I didn't have much money and got a good deal at a hole in the wall muffler shop. They did really good work for the price I wanted to spend. I found someone who was giving away some GT Take-offs for free, I bought two new flowmaster 40's for $100 and they installed it all for $125 which included fabricating hangers for the passenger side.

Be creative and start hunting and asking around. Otherwise, get ready to pay for a custom job if that is the route you want to go.

duals for v6

Hey its a v6, wait until you can throw some dough into the duals and have a shop that specializes in custom exhausts throw on whatever mufflers you decide on. Dont bring it down to your local gas station/garage and have them do it, you wont be happy with the results:Track: