2004 Convertible

daveinva

Oct 21, 2019
Virginia
2004 Convertible. The rear floorboards get water, especially on passenger side... But there is NO visible leak or source of the water whatsoever.

can the leak be under the carpet? Water accumulation happens during hard rainfall

• Sponsors (?)

2004 Convertible. The rear floorboards get water, especially on passenger side... But there is NO visible leak or source of the water whatsoever.

can the leak be under the carpet? Water accumulation happens during hard rainfall

I got the same problem on my 03. My guess is that a drain hole somewhere is plugged and run off from the roof ismaking its way down a panel and to the floor. I'mplanning onremoving rug and seats soon and will inspect/report. I get water in front passenger floor pan as well, seems to be only on passenger side.

I have had this problem myself. There's a Ford TSB about this. The water leaks from an incorrectly sealed seamed between the floor pans and the frame rails.

Here's some of my threads on the subject.

2003 GT conv - Water leaking into rear floorboard

2002 GT Convertible Wet Floor/Leak

I have a 2000 convertible with a drainage problem as well. The water draining off the roof at the rear quarter window tracks on long the edge of the fabric towards the drain channels but ends up dripping off just outside of the rear of the channel. The result is the floor under the rear seat and foot well gets wet. anyone else with this issue? And to answer the first question I 'm always asked. Yes the drains are clear, not that that would affect how/why the water doesn't run off the roof fabric at the proper place anyway.