2005-2009 Convertible top issues.

NEFaurora

Dec 26, 2009
Subject: 2005-2009 Convertible top issues.

I just cleaned my 2007 Stang Conv. top for the first time as the car was mostly garaged for the last 3 years.

What I found out is that the design of the 2005 to 2009 Convertible tops sucks. The function is AOK, but the top section right above the door has an extra outer stiched seam right above the bottom ribbing which runs down both sides of the convertible top on both sides of the car.

While cleaning the top today, I noticed that the outer upper stitching that runs along the top on both sides is discintegrating! My '66 vert top does not even have this stupid upper stitching on the convertible top.. Why would Ford be so stupid to put this dopey stitching up top where it discintegrates? I don't even know if a trim shop can re-stitch this, Also, I am never going for another tan top as long as I live.. Only Black.. The tan top is a beotch to clean, and my '66 has a white top...I will be replacing that with a Black top as well..

I know Bleach White is used for White tops, What do you use on Tan tops to clean them..especially mildew?

PS: I hope that the replacement tops in the future will eliminate this dopey "Stitched Seam" running along both sides of the top. Has anyone else had this problem?? I can't be the only one that's dealing with the top stitching seam running along the top on both sides discintegrating..lol...

Anyone else dealing with this?

Please reply.

Tony K.

• Sponsors (?)