2005 Carpet Wet After 3day Rain Storm

Nov 3, 2015
I bought a 2005 Mustang as a daily driver to keep the mileage down on my vintage (1970s) cars. We had a three day rainstorm down here and I found my carpet damp to wet. Worst area is passenger side rear, trunk is dry. Have had car for about a month. All ideas, hints, guesses are welcome.
Thanks for your time.
Richard.

• Sponsors (?)

By the way for a ten year old car so far it has been basically trouble free. Unlike myself where my brain still feels in the 20s and my body is falling apart. It is true, the older you get the faster time goes by. Enjoy yourself now!

Thank you for your help, today is the fifth day of rain. Not pouring but still a bit much to shop vac for more than 15 minutes at a time. Once I figure it out I will cover it until all is well.
Thanks again for your time
Richard.

Problem was one way rubber valve in bottom of cabin filter holder. The bottom half of the filter being wet gave it away. Twigs, leaves, etc. Cleaned it out and got valve freed up with long screw driver.

Might want to inspect the power junction box behind the passenger side kick panel for water ingress. It is a known issue that water can get into the junction box if it leaks from the front cowl area and start corroding all the electrical connections, and in time can cause all kinds of freaky intermittent electrical problems throughout the car.