Oct 22, 2003
Here we go thanx to BON

mustang.05.463gt1.jpg

mustang.05.463gt2.jpg

mustang.05.463gt3.jpg

http://blueovalnews.com/2003/cars/mustang.05.463gt.htm

• Sponsors (?)

Tylerb59 said:
Is it just me, or does that look like a GM setup?

Although I know the GT40 has the throttle body setup in the front like that...
I was thinking that as well. It's hard to make out the detail on the valve covers though...heh they should taken them off so we could check the setup out. heh somebody is gonna get fired for this.

Wow those runners are long. Perhaps it'll be torquey. Also the intake looks very tall and that a bulgy hood would be needed and the pics roaming around do show the stang with a bulgy hood. It just looks weird with all that room under the upper intake, like a s/c could nicely fit there.

livyx95gt said:
What is with the header??? did they pull an original 65's exhaust manifold and put it on there... wow very rusty.
it wasn't treated. you could leave painted, brand new cast iron out for a few weeks, and it could look like that.

That looks to be an aluminum block too. notice around the water pump and center valley between the heads. I thought for was staying with the iron block? I don't like the plastic runners either. But I guess if it is an aluminum block it will help with lightening up the pony. :nice:

What does anyone have against plastic intake runners anyway? There lighter, smoother, cheaper, and cooler -- everything one could, objectively, possibly want for an intake.

Unless, of course, you prefer heavier, rougher, more expensive and hot enough to cook on...

rhumbline said:
What does anyone have against plastic intake runners anyway? There lighter, smoother, cheaper, and cooler -- everything one could, objectively, possibly want for an intake.

I think it has something to do with them not doing well with nitrous for some reason.

Are we sure this isn't off of one of the trucks?

I don't know the specifics of the 4.6L 2-valve....but do these pictures either give us hope for a possible option for the 3-valve intake on the 2-valve...or do they kill any ideas of part sharing between the two? Just curious...thanks!

The new motor is a 3-valve...I was only wondering for us folks with the 2-valve in our Stangs if this motor is going to offer any possible head swap/intake swap options for us 2-valvers. :nice: OF course...I'm guessing not....but other people may know if the intake ports and all of the intake pieces would be able to be swapped over or not. Thanks!