2005 Mustang GT Stroker Kit 302

• Sponsors (?)

If you want more cubes I would go with a new shortblock from somewhere like Sean Hyland Motorsport. It costs more but is worth it for the extra durability and
peace of mind. Only my opinion, but it's easy to research and decide if the money is worth it. Or if you do decide to stroke and poke the stocker please keep us posted, as experience is always better than arbitrary opinions. Good luck.
:nice:

PDXStangDude said:
Some people here recommend against it (can't remember who, I think 'bigcat'). Said our powerplant is stroked out enough. I thought about the same thing until I heard some of the guys here recommend against it.
:D yep, you need a big bore for more cubes, rather than a stroker. the rod/stroke ratio is not that great to begin with, and making the stroke longer hurts it even more. spend your time looking for a big bore kit, you will be happier with the results. :)

wotfr said:
If you want more cubes I would go with a new shortblock from somewhere like Sean Hyland Motorsport.
Like why?? DO YOUR RESEARCH FIRST BEFORE YOU SUGGEST A COMPANY

Sean 'Hey let me blow up your block' Hyland is the LAST name when it comes to engines.

VT Engines or MMR is your choice, and I can speak on behalf of VT Engines since I have one of there blocks in my cobra

tomustang said:
Like why?? DO YOUR RESEARCH FIRST BEFORE YOU SUGGEST A COMPANY

Sean 'Hey let me blow up your block' Hyland is the LAST name when it comes to engines.

VT Engines or MMR is your choice, and I can speak on behalf of VT Engines since I have one of there blocks in my cobra
Wow, thanks for the flame Captain Opinion, but if you read my ENTIRE post I stress that you do YOUR RESEARCH as you in all caps claim that I have not. Seriously your opinion matters, my opinion matters but OZAN169 is the one ponying up the cash so try to focus here on helping him or her. By like I mean LIKE and not necessarily is. You could have taken the high road and just offered some alternate suggestions and then inserted your particular beef w/ SHM.

So with the pizzing match set aside fellas, we can all agree that the 3-V has adequate stroke and the way to go here is with the bore.

I agree that Mr. Ustang jumped to purport you had not done your reseach, an assumption ill taken considering the original posters request for information.

Carry on fellas........

:shrug:

What about the new PJ Saleen? It's a stroked 302 producing 400hp. It has forged internals. Seems like a good way to go. How's that approach differ from what you guys are talking about?

Jenns05Stang said:
So with the pizzing match set aside fellas, we can all agree that the 3-V has adequate stroke and the way to go here is with the bore.

I agree that Mr. Ustang jumped to purport you had not done your reseach, an assumption ill taken considering the original posters request for information.

Carry on fellas........

Not so fast Jennifer.

As has been discussed ad nauseam here on StangNet and virtually every other Ford / Mustang web site, the Mod motor has small bore spacing and cannot be bored out more than a couple mm. The is the whole reason de tre for the new Hurricane / Boss V8.