2006 GT Fuel Gauge Issues - Anyone Else?

jzinn

Mar 26, 2006
I have a 2006 GT with about 10k miles. I've discovered that every time I take a hard/fast left hand turn (especially if the tank is 1/2 full or less) the gauge will go to empty and the dash display will beep and notify that there are only a few miles to empty.

This will eventually correct itself after a few restarts and/or when the tank is refilled.

Anybody else experience this problem? If so, were you able to track down the cause? I'm assuming it has something to do with the sending unit and the fuel sloshing in the turn, but i've learned not to make assumptions

Thanks for your help.

• Sponsors (?)

jzinn said:
I have a 2006 GT with about 10k miles. I've discovered that every time I take a hard/fast left hand turn (especially if the tank is 1/2 full or less) the gauge will go to empty and the dash display will beep and notify that there are only a few miles to empty.

This will eventually correct itself after a few restarts and/or when the tank is refilled.

Anybody else experience this problem? If so, were you able to track down the cause? I'm assuming it has something to do with the sending unit and the fuel sloshing in the turn, but i've learned not to make assumptions

Thanks for your help.

Once you get back in the car from closing the trunk that popped open from the wheel hop in that turn, it should be all set :D

Seriously though, my trunk pops open like every other week. Never had the fuel tank problem, but I heard a lot of complaints about early 05's having trouble filling up all the way.