2006 Major Leak, can't figure it out

mpalomba3

Feb 4, 2019
San Diego
Hey y'all,
I'm new to the mustang world and I'm coming to realize its pretty frustrating lol. I just bought a 2006 V6 convertible and sold my 2000 Toyota Avalon with 200K miles. I realized on day one that my nearly 20 year old Toyota was way higher quality all around than the mustang but thats besides the point lol.

Anyway, my issue, Im dealing with a major leak but I can't figure out from where. I've ruled out the idea of it being the convertible top because only the floor is wet, not the seats or dash or anything like that. Also, the carpet is soaked everywhere EXCEPT the front passenger footwell, that carpet is dry as a bone but the rest (carpet for both rear seats as well as driver footwell) are soaked, especially the drivers side. under the pedals is not wet however so the water isn't coming from the firewall. The door panels aren't wet either. Does anyone know where I could even start looking for this issue as it seems like the water is coming from nowhere but obviously that isn't possible.

• Sponsors (?)

I know that the front windshield drains will clog up with leaves and dirt that will fill the floor boards but the back seats I dont know about.
I also noticed my window seals are leaking into the doors!

I know that the front windshield drains will clog up with leaves and dirt that will fill the floor boards but the back seats I dont know about.
I also noticed my window seals are leaking into the doors!

I found the source of the leak actually. I took out the rear seats and there were literal pools of water under them. It was coming out through where the seatbelts bolt into the seat bottom. Unfortunately I didn’t have much time to investigate because shortly after I found that out someone hit my car and it’s most likely totaled :(

Jeez man, that sucks! My 06 Mustang GT has been Toyota Quality. I have 270,000 miles on it. Still on original clutch, fuel pump, water pump, and so on. I haven't replaced many parts at all for 270,000 miles. Maybe look at a GT to replace it. But I think the V6s are usually good too.