2006 Mustang Convertible V6 With Strange Fluid Leak

videosmith

Mar 7, 2015
I have a 2006 Mustang Convertible V6 with strange fluid leak. It is radiator fluid but everything checks out. I fill up the overflow tank and it drains out in a couple of days. I thought it was where the thermostat was but i cant see any water coming from it. I just cant see where it is coming from. The hoses are perfect to. Now whats strange is after the overflow tank is drained the leak stops. The car does not overheat either. I bought a thernostat but no use putting it in if it doesn't need it. I had some buildup around the thermostat housing but after i cleaned it i can still see no leak. Where do this year usually leak from. Thank You

• Sponsors (?)

I have a 2006 Mustang Convertible V6 with strange fluid leak. It is radiator fluid but everything checks out. I fill up the overflow tank and it drains out in a couple of days. I thought it was where the thermostat was but i cant see any water coming from it. I just cant see where it is coming from. The hoses are perfect to. Now whats strange is after the overflow tank is drained the leak stops. The car does not overheat either. I bought a thernostat but no use putting it in if it doesn't need it. I had some buildup around the thermostat housing but after i cleaned it i can still see no leak. Where do this year usually leak from. Thank You
I have something like that going on with mine , have no leaks but will loose fluid, thought maybe it be a head gasket at first but now I don't think so. Have you ever fond an answer for this ?

Have you had anything done to the coolant system recently?

Signs of a head gasket going bad would be:

Coolant leaking externally from bellow the exhaust manifold
White smoke from the exhaust
Overheating engine
Bubbles in the radiator or coolant overflow tank
White milky oil

I would get a coolant pressure tester and see if the system is holding pressure. If it does not then there is a leak somewhere. It could be the cylinder head, heater core, expansion tank or radiator. Don't forget to check around the thermostat housing.