2006 silent stalker

new to site, first mustang purchase. was pure stock 2006 gt. have just added cai.,eccel plugs and packs,eccel tuner, and some decoative things. thinking about a ford 62mm throttle body. wondered if my eccel tuner would work ok to retune after install. rather than the bama one they recommend ?
thumbnail (5).jpg
thumbnail (11).jpg

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

You don't have enough mods to justify the expense of a 62mm throttle body, so I suggest you port the stock unit. I did mine a few months ago with excellent results:

Attachments

• TB_Ported.jpg
    TB_Ported.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 69
Welcome to Stangnet.

I do believe that this is the first time I have ever seen that color.
its called legend lime (the inside of a lime) ford put out 6000 of those in 06, since i like being different, i had to have it when i saw it, and thankfully it was a one owner women, who bought it new and didnt kill it,,,,had 70k on it last summer when i got it. was pure stock. and im not a fan of gold, but, the rims went so well with the color,....i couldnt resist those either.....

What kind of rims are those?
im not a fan of gold, but, they went so well with the color of the car, and i like being different from all the others out there. they are senco. they came with lettering saying senco something, on each one, but i hated that, so i removed the lettering.....

Attachments

• thumbnail (4).jpg
    thumbnail (4).jpg
    288.2 KB · Views: 67
  • thumbnail (6).jpg
    thumbnail (6).jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 64
  • thumbnail (9).jpg
    thumbnail (9).jpg
    88 KB · Views: 67
Reactions: 1 user
new to site, first mustang purchase. was pure stock 2006 gt. have just added cai.,eccel plugs and packs,eccel tuner, and some decoative things. thinking about a ford 62mm throttle body. wondered if my eccel tuner would work ok to retune after install. rather than the bama one they recommend ?
Save the money on the throttle body and put it toward a custom dyno tune or 4.10 gears. Also, if you have an automatic transmission then drop the pan, drain the fluid, install a new filter and refill. Do not flush the transmission as this can cause problems on its own. The 5R55s in the 2005-2010 Mustangs are not all that reliable. Doing a pan drop every 30k miles will go a long way in not having a transmission failure as the miles rack up. Ignore Ford's statement that the fluid in the 5R55s lasts a "lifetime." No fluid lasts a lifetime. I mention this because it is something a lot of people ignore who have vehicles with this transmission. These transmissions in 3rd and 4th gen Explorers/Mountaineers are notorious for dying between 100k-150k miles if they are not maintained well.