2006 Stang - Wierd Noise

hethj7

Dec 19, 2005
Lately I've been hearing a "rattle" from underneath my car. It is actually more of a "whoosh" sound, similar to when a gust of wind comes across the car, or like a static white noise sound. It is kind of faint but appears to be related to the engine/exhaust system. My first thought is the baffling in the cats is breaking up and starting to make this noise.

It is usually most heard when the car is fairly cold. Any ideas?

Btw - I have a CAI and Brenspeed tune.

• Sponsors (?)

No, it is definitely different than the sudden whoosh of air from the CAI. When I put the CAI and intake on my old 5.0, it made the same sound. This is something different.

Interesting today there seems to be several posts here about weird noises, buzzing sounds, even one guy wondering if his cats were breaking loose. I wonder if we're all hearing the same thing, but describing it differently. I wish I could nail it down, because I'm assuming if I took it to the dealer now, they wouldn't hear it.

No, it is definitely different than the sudden whoosh of air from the CAI. When I put the CAI and intake on my old 5.0, it made the same sound. This is something different.

Interesting today there seems to be several posts here about weird noises, buzzing sounds, even one guy wondering if his cats were breaking loose. I wonder if we're all hearing the same thing, but describing it differently. I wish I could nail it down, because I'm assuming if I took it to the dealer now, they wouldn't hear it.

i had a similiar noise then realized that if traveling less than 88mph actually turning off the flux capacitor will silence this noise...but wait till your chair and tray table are securely locked and in the upright position before your final decent...having those down during re entry is a son of a bitch...