2007 GT Problem

Hilica

Apr 2, 2008
I have a 2007 GT (5 speed) which has been (and currently is in) the dealers shop for repairs. It's been in about a week this time, and they can't duplicate the problem to pinpoint the culprit. Here's the problem: It's happened 3 times over the past year. The first time shifting from 2nd to 3rd, the other two times shifting 1st to 2nd. RPMs were no where near excessive (3500 at most) each time. Each time the Mustang lost power (a lot of power), began skipping, missing and in the first instance backfired. I pulled over and looked under the hood for anything obvious, but nothing. After 10 - 15 minutes, crank it up and runs like a top. I thought the first time it happened that it was bad gas, but the second time the "check engine" light locked in. When I took it to the shop then, the dealer replaced a sensor on the computer (don't ask me which one, I'm not much of a mechanic). I was told that the engine was only firing on 4 cylinders due to the bad sensor. After about 3 months, it's back in the shop again with the same problem.

Any advice would be appreciated, I'm tired of driving that loaner Focus from the dealer.

• Sponsors (?)

It sounds like something electrical for sure, but I'm no mechanic either:D Hopefully it gets fixed soon or else make them take it back and give you a new car(lemon law)as Poop Dawg did:nice: Sounds like you might have gotten a bad apple:notnice: IMO, these cars are too nice and fun to go without:nice:

I wish they would have given me a new one, Kool... but they didn't. I had to sell (trade in) my old one to get the new one. But we owed less then what we got for it... so it all worked out in the end.

After 10 days and finally bringing in the Regional Engineer, the problem has been found and repaired. Turned out to be a loose connection in the main wiring harness. You could wiggle the harness and four cylinders would drop out. Wiggle again, and they would come back in. Picked up this afternoon and drives great.

Don't think I'll be missing anyting but the gas mileage on the Focus...

my car did that one time, I shut it off and turned it on hasn't done it since? Car only had about 7-8k miles on it at the time and now has 24k so I don't know what it could have been, if they are able to fix it let us know what the end up replacing out of curiousity.

Has the transmission EVER been removed; lowered from car. I had my syncros fixed under warranty, and the dealership pinched the driver side harness between transmission and body... I chased that damn short for 3 months...