2008 viper

• Sponsors (?)

IIRC hennessey is a HUGE DB as far as work goes...TONS of lawsuits,non-finished products, poor work from that shop. Go to a viper forum and I would almost bet you will get a TON of neg. feedback/searches.

Buddies unlce bought a viper...granted it was a late 90's model before the body redo...what an uncomfortable car. Sold it 6 weeks later. Nice cars in that they are deff. stand outs and sexy looking (and I HATE 99.99% of dodge).

This is coming from someone who would rather have a 02 zo6 over a new zo6 though...so call me nuts.

id rather have a new Z06, or a gt40....i promise they will do something to mess it up...dodge always does....they never have or never will be as nice as the vette its up against

Don't get me wrong, I love Ford, but are you saying you'd rather have a GT40, then talk about the reliability of the Dodge Viper? Have you heard nothing about the issues Ford has had with their supercar yet?

The viper has steadily improved on most of it's shortcoming's since it was introduced, and last year was tested by Road and Track to match or better the Z06 in the corners...

I think the Dodge Viper is worth every penny, since it's unveiling until now. It's not all about the performance, either....I can name at least 5 friends that own, or have owned a Corvette. I can only name 1 that owns a Viper, and that'll probably be the only one. Exclusivity is a major player in the competition, and Dodge is definitely winning that one

Not busting on you, but please feel free to bring more to the table than a simple "they'll mess it up"

:shrug:

id rather have a new Z06, or a gt40....i promise they will do something to mess it up...dodge always does....they never have or never will be as nice as the vette its up against

Dodge always does? I hope you're not making reference to their economy cars. This is the dodge viper we're talking about here, not their history with econo-boxes.

But honestly, I'd like to hear why you think dodge always "messes up".

I'd take that Viper over a GT-40 and a Z06 any freakin day.

I would take a ford GT over a new zo6 or new viper...thats me though. Would I turn down any of them if I had a chance....HELL no. IMHO the only thing dodge has thats worth a darn is the cummins motor (not the truck or anything else) and the viper the rest is some preaty package for dog poo. I also think that list may have the new "retro" car added to it though.

I would also take any of the 3 over a euro supercar in the price range.

I see vipers fairly often...not as much as vetts but ALOT more of both than a ford GT. I have seen 1 GT ever on the road...several new vetts with atleast 3 new zo6's in the last 2-6mo. I saw 3 new style vipers within 5min. 2-3 weeks ago, and have seen the older ones often enough that I notice but dont stare.

viper over a z06 turd anyday...i dont see what the hype is about vettes every owner i have ever met is a complete *******... i just dont like them period but vipers are pretty cool wouldn't mind having one of them