2010 V6 version?

Ganton

Founding Member
Jul 4, 2000
Olympia, Wash. USA
Any of you guys who bought the 2010 'stang get the V6 version? If so, how do you like it? Same engine as the 05-09 but does it "feel" any different in this new model? I know the interior's been quite nicely upgraded..

Any of you guys who bought the 2010 'stang get the V6 version? If so, how do you like it? Same engine as the 05-09 but does it "feel" any different in this new model? I know the interior's been quite nicely upgraded..

I thought about getting the V6 2010, because I drove it and it was alright. Engine power was like the others so thats kinda why I went with the V8 2010. How has yours been?

Oh, I don't have one yet. I still have my '06 V6 convert. I'm still seriously thinking about a '10 or maybe waiting 'til 2011. I have not yet decided between a v6 (which has plenty of power for me*, 'cept the engine is sure old and outdated) and a v8, so that's why I may wait until 2011 to see what they have to offer then....

(*I'm an old guy and used to own a '69 351 4V (4 barrel carb) Mach 1 rated at 290 gross h.p. Believe me, this v6 I have now, stock, is faster 0-60 than that one was...technology has really improved engine performance. I mean 0-60 in 7 secs. was really something back then, but even this v6 stock with an automatic will do that now...)

I Like it !

I have had my '10 V6 Stang for about 2 weeks now and I really like it ! The biggest worry for me was that it would be way underpowered compared to my '92 GT but it's fine . I bought mine as my new DD and I just love driving to and from work in it. Really beats the 2002 Mitsubishi Galant that I had as my DD before but then again thats not saying much !! My '10 is loaded including the Upgrades for the Pony package, only thing that I really should have gotten is the Manual but I had to consider my wife as a driver for this car as well. She can drive stick but is really not all the comfortable with it and we have a very long drive to Disney World coming up in Dec. I wanted her to not have to worry about shifting for her leg of the driving !

There is supposed to be a big jump in HP and TQ with the new V6, and as its now less than 9 months away, why not wait. If you find you don't like the new engine when they arrive, old stock should be dirt cheap because of the model change.

Yes, I love the old mustangs, 1964-1969. Just haven't been able to get one yet since I don't have a garage...some day. Yea I guess if 2011 has more power might not be a bad idea esp money wise

I have a Sterling Gray 2010 V6 Premium with the Pony Package and I love it! It's plenty fast for me; it has plenty of get up and go when you need it. I've had mine for about 2 months. Go test drive one and see how you like it. This is my first Mustang, so I can't compare to earlier models. There is a big price difference between the GT Premium and the V6 Premium; so really it comes down to how much you want to spend, if you're not too concerned about horse power that is.