2011 5.0 owners?

• Sponsors (?)

Have had mine for 3 weeks now just over 1000 miles on it love it the funnest car i have ever had though its currently in the shop due to what they beleive to be the master cylinder on clutch having gone out nearly impossible to shift if all goes well will have it back tomorrow or friday and i will update what the actual problem is

I got mine Saturday. It'll have 900 miles on it by the time I get back to work tomorrow.

Excellent car. It's my first mustang, though I've had experiences with them in the past. Just never owned one myself.

The motor is a jewel. The chassis is very good. Overall very happy, and this car wasn't even on my list when I went shopping. I traded a BMW, and don't miss that one bit. I'll admit if the 5.0 hadn't come out I would not be in a mustang right now. It is fast, yes, but what sold me is the whole package. It's well built. Being fast is just a bonus.

hey thanks so far, i need a auto, my back is bad, are the 6 speed manual trannys a bit faster? the 5 speed in the older 5.0s were a bit faster then the 4 speed auto. the new 5.0 i test drove was auto with 315 gears , it was plenty fast off the line.

I'm a old hardcore 5.0 guy that did'nt even consider another Mustang after Ford went to the 4.6 in 96.I felt like Ford was going backwards since We already had a disadvantage compared to the Camaro 302 vs 350

now 281 vs 350 so I got a 89 GT an built a 10:5:1 347.I had fun with that car for a couple of years.I got out of the game once my Daughter came along and have driven a Honda Accord wagon for the past 10 years.

I started to look at the S197 Mustangs about a year ago and saw all the aftermarket support and the flame was lit again.When the rummors were confirmed about the return of the 5.0 I went to my dealer and ordered one.

I wanted my new Mustang to be like a LX 5.0 so I got the base GT with 6spd and 3.73 gears as the only option.I've had my car for 2 weeks and have added Steeda CAI/tune with Magnaflow exhaust comming next week.

This is the fastest best handling Mustang I have ever owned and that includes the 347.sorry for he novel but this car is just that good:)

Attachments

• IM000952.jpg
    IM000952.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 74
Coming from a 42 year old here that has despised American cars my entire life. I bought one and am very happy. I would DEF say buy American in this case. I'm very proud that Ford has done what they have here. It's amazing.

Lovin' it. Only complaints are I'm used to the power and the little devil on my shoulder is screamin "Mod that bitch!", and that the paint is absolute ****. I've owned black cars before and while they showed dirt easily were just as durable as any other color. If you breathe on the stang's paint it scratches. :notnice:

Other than that, I'm a die hard GM fan that's proud to own a Ford.

Hey Zilla, Nice car dude! Love the white on the new Stang. Best color for this body style IMHO. Livin in the Southeast that color is a necesity for me. Keeps interior cool, looks cool :nice: Base GT is the best bargain...way to go man!

hey bill fisher, did you find a new one with the 3.73s or did you have to order it? the 1 i test drove had the 3.31s , ill bet they go much better with the 3.73s? iam hooked on buying 1 very soon, it is a awasume car for the money.