2011 GT +FRPP Whipple Newbie -- Sorry Folks

bschott

Apr 8, 2011
Hello,

Recently purchased a 2011 GT, and I have some curiosities in installing a FRPP S/C kits. Have been reviewing the installation PDF that I found online, but I'm struggling to find any videos or step-by-step guides that someone else has done perhaps identifying pitfalls, or little 'gotchas.

I'm sure this subject has been beaten to death, but any information or relevant links or otherwise would be greatly appreciated. I'm not definite on FRPP, but I basically want to stick with a easy install that I can manage by myself. My GT is a weekend driver, no racing -- just fun.

I guess the one question I'm perplexed over the fact that FRPP offers a 524 and a 624 kit, where the price between the two kits is very negligible. Why even buy the 524? Less stress on the vehicle components vs 624?

Thanks much...

• Sponsors (?)

The supercharger kits usually come with very good instructions, and if you have questions there's usually a number you can call to get tech help. Then there's always this forum if you have specific questions.

And yes, less HP means less stress on the engine, clutch, transmission, etc... Its up to you how far down the rabbit hole you want to go.