2011 Mustang V6 Chirping

duo_z

Jan 24, 2009
I purchased a 2011 V6 Mustang about a week ago. It has 82k miles. I noticed sitting at a stop light a couple days ago it has a chirping sound. At first I thought it was a belt. But today I went to check it out and found that the chirping only happens while I'm pressing the clutch pedal. So my first thought is the throw out bearing is going bad. But after doing a little searching it seems this is a common problem, and its possibly not going bad its just annoying. Can I get thoughts on this?

• Sponsors (?)

I would remove the assy belt, if it does not do the chirp sound with the belt removed. I would change the belt tensioner, cost around $75

PartImage.ashx?filename=BR3Z6B209E-ANG.jpg

So I took the car into the dealership. They checked it and came to the same conclusion of the throwout bearing going. They are quoting $2000 to fix it before the warrantee split. I have a 50/50 warrantee. Does that sound correct to any of you. I haven't gotten a breakdown of the work yet. I am asking for it. On Fords parts sight the throwout bearing is listed at $258. I'm not sure if the quote is for more parts. But right now that's $1700 of labor for pulling a transmission and putting in the throwout bearing. Seems excessive to me.

So I took the car into the dealership. They checked it and came to the same conclusion of the throwout bearing going. They are quoting $2000 to fix it before the warrantee split. I have a 50/50 warrantee. Does that sound correct to any of you. I haven't gotten a breakdown of the work yet. I am asking for it. On Fords parts sight the throwout bearing is listed at $258. I'm not sure if the quote is for more parts. But right now that's $1700 of labor for pulling a transmission and putting in the throwout bearing. Seems excessive to me.
I would agree with the throwout bearing going out based on what you said in your first post. In regards to the cost of work, see if they are also planning on replacing the clutch and pilot bearing as that may be contributing to the overall cost. You can buy the parts and have another shop do it or just do it yourself as well if you have the tools. However, you may find that paying 50% of the job quoted by Ford is cheaper than other shops. I don't know how much the labor cost usually is for a job like this so I can't help you there. If it were me, I would have it done by Ford with the extended warranty.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk