2012 gt sounds like its going to fall apart lol

anthonynoz

Sep 8, 2010
hey i have a 2012 gt 6 speed with 650miles on it...and everything is ok and the last 3 times i drove it after like 5 miles of driving it starts making a noise that sounds like a really really really bad blown strut but i dont think it has anything to do with the suspension when im parked i bounce the front end by pushing down on the front fenders turning steering wheel etc....i noticed it starts after i let off the clutch and give it gas,it sounds like a click and then you can hear it from the front end more towards the driving side....i dont know if its something with the clutch or whatever....thanks in advance guys....

fyi like i said i only have like 650miles and i almost redlined it once because i put new floor mats and didnt take the factory one out so my foot kinda got stuck on the gas lol pinky swear....

• Sponsors (?)

First off, yeah; lol...super funny dude.

Nothing more to say...sorry.

FYI, don't push on your fenders, bad on the paint and you still will not be able to hear anything, as for your weak pushing will not replicate a 3500lb car going down the road.

Thanks.

Yeah, "LOL" would NEVER appear at the end of that sentence if that were me typing. One of the worst uses of LOL I have seen in awhile. Congrats!!

I actually went forum hopping and found several people with 2012 GT's with faulty inner tires tie rods ill take it dealer when i get a chance,btw not aftermarket floormats their from Ford lol

hey i have a 2012 gt 6 speed with 650miles on it...and everything is ok and the last 3 times i drove it after like 5 miles of driving it starts making a noise that sounds like a really really really bad blown strut but i dont think it has anything to do with the suspension when im parked i bounce the front end by pushing down on the front fenders turning steering wheel etc....i noticed it starts after i let off the clutch and give it gas,it sounds like a click and then you can hear it from the front end more towards the driving side....i dont know if its something with the clutch or whatever....thanks in advance guys....

fyi like i said i only have like 650miles and i almost redlined it once because i put new floor mats and didnt take the factory one out so my foot kinda got stuck on the gas lol pinky swear....

hey, i'm in the same boat as you, 2012 mustang GT stick with just 600 miles on the car. At 200 miles I had a squeak coming from the front suspension. I took it to the dealer and they said it was bad control arms. What you described sounds like what I had....bad control arms. It shouldn't be anything to serious maybe just a part of the suspension is not greased up. Hope that helped. Hey by the way do you hear a buzz coming from your shifter knob? I get a little buzz coming my shifter knob when I'm in first.

Hey I don't have a little buzz,however twice I had a very loud buzz from the shift knob and its not like the sound when you don't completely catch a gear it was slightly different,only when I pull off in first.some Guy on YouTube posted a video of this buzz sound on his gt and said Ford didn't want to cover it because it was due to abuse.lol
That's pretty stupid considering the fact that the commercial at the dealership shows the gt doing burnouts and donuts all over lol

Hey I don't have a little buzz,however twice I had a very loud buzz from the shift knob and its not like the sound when you don't completely catch a gear it was slightly different,only when I pull off in first.some Guy on YouTube posted a video of this buzz sound on his gt and said Ford didn't want to cover it because it was due to abuse.lol
That's pretty stupid considering the fact that the commercial at the dealership shows the gt doing burnouts and donuts all over lol

do you have the link to the video?

Hello,

With this being such a new vehicle you definitely want to make sure everything is functioning correctly. I am glad you are planning to bring it to the dealer, as that helps ensure that this concern is documented and corrected. Please PM me your VIN, contact info, mileage, and dealer so I can try to assist.

~Natasha