Engine 2012 mustang GT MISFIRE

Jared5.0

Dec 19, 2018
Kansas
So my Mustang is having some issues. The best way to describe it is as follows...

So when you are driving the car in a spirited way...(usually a lot) sometimes a check engine light comes on. Sometimes it flashes. When it’s flashing the motor feels luggy, and like 3 cylinders went out. When you then drive the car like a normal person for a few minutes the horsepower comes back and the motor runs fine. I pulled the code with my SCT and it said a misfire on chlinder 1, and 6. I replaced all spark plugs with NGK Iridium, and new coil packs on cylinder 1, and 6. The problem continues. I have even changed tunes and it still happens. I have no idea what it is at this point. Help would be much appreciated.

Car specs// Boss 302 intake, Flowmaster exhaust, CAI and a tune.

• Sponsors (?)

So my Mustang is having some issues. The best way to describe it is as follows...

So when you are driving the car in a spirited way...(usually a lot) sometimes a check engine light comes on. Sometimes it flashes. When it’s flashing the motor feels luggy, and like 3 cylinders went out. When you then drive the car like a normal person for a few minutes the horsepower comes back and the motor runs fine. I pulled the code with my SCT and it said a misfire on chlinder 1, and 6. I replaced all spark plugs with NGK Iridium, and new coil packs on cylinder 1, and 6. The problem continues. I have even changed tunes and it still happens. I have no idea what it is at this point. Help would be much appreciated.

Car specs// Boss 302 intake, Flowmaster exhaust, CAI and a tune.
I am guessing that you have a 6 speed and if so the clutch has just been replaced. I had the exact same problem after replacing my clutch on my 2012 and it is the crank shaft sensor and it will have to be reset at the dealer and mine cost me 180 bucks and afterwards ran fine and no more codes. Good luck and hope this helps