2012 mustang stock headlights

So my friend bought a 2012 mustang v6 possibly premium package? Yes that should be easy to figure out but this is an odd duck. It has the premium interior but not leather seats. Anyways the previous owner swapped the headlights out for some garbage from raxiom and he wants to switch them back. Easy enough to find the oem or oem like headlights online. Do we need a ballast or anything weird to refit the stock lights or is this plug and play? I know jack all about electrical so any help is appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

Speaking of Raxiom. There was another thread where the poster was complaining of faulty Raxiom tail lights not working properly. I recently put Spec D in mine. They costed three times what he paid for those Raxiom lights. Told him, "You get what you pay for."

Anyhow, the factory lights should just be regular old incandescent lights. No ballast required or needed. Whatever junk was needed for the El Cheapo Raxiom lights can be yanked and tossed.

HID headlight didn't become standard equipment until the 2013-2014 model years. I ordered my 2011 with HID headlights, it was a $525 option :( Like cbxer55 said, most Mustangs came with the regular old incandescent headlights. Mustangs made for rental company's came with miss match features a regular person couldn't order. It was to make the rental nicer looking in hoping the person renting one might want to buy a Mustang of their own :)

Here's a company that makes oem style replacement HID bulbs. They just plop right into your existing housings. I have their HIDs in my lower driving light positions on my 04 Lightning. May go for it and get some for the head lights. With the white LED corner "bulb" and the HID driving lights, my basically stock (Sylvania Silverstar) head lights are irrelevant. Can't even see them at night. LOL!

Those corner LEDs don't look like much in day lightt, but at night, WOW! They're bright!

Attachments

• 01010057.JPG
    01010057.JPG
    541.3 KB · Views: 186
  • 01010059.JPG
    01010059.JPG
    553.9 KB · Views: 166