• Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-

2014 Mustang GT Inquiry on Tuning

  • Thread starter Thread starter ScarlettGT
  • Start date Start date Jun 19, 2019

ScarlettGT

New Member
Jun 19, 2019
8
0
1
East
Jun 19, 2019
#1
  • Jun 19, 2019
  • #1
Hello Stang Net Community,

I am both a new member here as well as a new owner of a 2014 Mustang GT. One of the main reasons I decided to get a Mustang was because I knew from the offset that there’s an active community behind the scenes that’s always growing and helpful to one another so I am excited about that.

My car is essentially stock with just a roush axle back exhaust. I’ve been debating whether or not to get a tune since i’d like to open it up a bit and generate more power. I feel like my car is kind of caged in right now for some reason.

What I understood is that the tuning handheld devices come with pre-programmed tunes or I can ask the tuning folks to create a custom tune for my specific car? Is my understanding correct? How is it that, from a mechanical point of view, there can be a one-size fits all for such complex and intricate machines, won’t my engine vary from my friend’s? A little bit of clarification on the tuning process from A to Z would help me out a lot! I’m very new to this so apologies is my questions are kind of stupid.
Thanks
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

For Sale 2006 Mustang GT Steering Wheel with Cruise Controls
  • lenko
  • Sep 3, 2026
  • Other Classifieds
Replies
0
Views
89
Other Classifieds Sep 3, 2026
lenko
H
Issue with transmission only in S mode after MPT tune, 2014 Mustang 3.7
  • haideralrustem
  • Dec 5, 2025
  • 2005 - 2014 Specific V6 Tech
Replies
1
Views
351
2005 - 2014 Specific V6 Tech Dec 13, 2025
Noobz347
K
2013 Mustang GT Procharger Stage 2 Kit Issues
  • KHills5058
  • Oct 9, 2025
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
3
Views
297
2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk- Oct 10, 2025
KHills5058
K
Tuners come on inside
  • squeak93
  • Feb 13, 2026
  • SVT Tech Forum
Replies
1
Views
320
SVT Tech Forum Feb 20, 2026
squeak93
E
Nightmare after tune install!
  • EnemyofTyranny
  • Mar 29, 2025
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
464
2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk- Apr 12, 2025
89ripper
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?