2016 gt window opening and closing on its own

Jfriz

Aug 10, 2019
Larksville, Pa
So today my 2016 GT driver side window randomlly started opening and cloing on it's own. It's only opening and closing the 1/4 inch or so that it does when yoou open the door. But its doing it every 10-20 seconds. I tried "recalibrating" it. and that made no difference? Almost seems like it thinks the door is opening, and closing, but I'm not getting a "Driver side door ajar" message. Any Ideas??

• Sponsors (?)

So today my 2016 GT driver side window randomlly started opening and cloing on it's own. It's only opening and closing the 1/4 inch or so that it does when yoou open the door. But its doing it every 10-20 seconds. I tried "recalibrating" it. and that made no difference? Almost seems like it thinks the door is opening, and closing, but I'm not getting a "Driver side door ajar" message. Any Ideas??
So. I traded that car in for a 2017 GT Premium supercharged (676 hp...YEAHHHH BUDDY), and didn't have to worry about the window issue. Now (A year after I traded). The 2017 is doing the same thing, on the passenger window...It's been 2 years since I originally posted this, but considering I've had 2 Modern Mustangs, both with the exact same issue, I'm guessing, it's not just me. Anyone seen this, and found a fix??

Thanks

Same issue with my 2019 Bullitt passenger side. It does this on occasion without having a passenger, however, it does this more frequently if there is an actual passenger in the seat. No water in the door either, it's been dry for days. I was thinking faulty door sensor, but why would it be affected by an actual person in the seat? It's not throwing any cluster warnings either.

Just the easy entry amount, and there is a noticeable difference in the frequency it happens when there is a passenger in the front seat.
The activation is off a switch on the door latch. It may be more noticeable after a passenger gets in because they just used the door and the switch might be loose or out of adjustment on the latch mechanism and the recent use is causing it go crazy. If you have access to a decent scan tool you should be able to monitor the body control module inputs to see what its seeing. Otherwise pop the door panel and look at the mechanism connecting the handle to the latch, look for anything that appears to be bent, loose, broken, etc.

Reactions: 1 user
So as of late, with warmer weather, the passenger window no longer has the malfunction. At this point I would think that it is probably a loose connection that happens in cooler weather.