2016 Mustang With Lemon Title

articrandom

Jul 31, 2017
Hi everyone,

I am in the market for a mustang and this 2016 Ford Mustang V6 came across and I wanted to get some feedback and opinions.

I am trading in a 2014 Ford Fusion with just over 20k miles and this dealer has a 2016 Mustang with 15k miles for $17,777. It is the base model, cosmetic condition is nice other than 2 sctraches and I will only have to pay $5,200 out the door after the trade in.

The catch? It has been buyback car and has a lemon stamp on the title. I looked at the warranty claims and saw that the owner took it in twice because the car would die all of sudden while driving. Ford replaced the TCB and put it back for sale. The car threw the code P2112. From what I see, it is a common problem and just a defective throttle control body. I also saw a lawsuit that is being thrown at Ford for this specific problem.

I put a refundable $500 deposit so I can always back out or just get another Ford Fusion they have there but I thought I would get some input from you guys on what to do and even if it is worth it. I drove it for a good 20 minutes and could not find anything wrong with it. They even told me that the original warranty still works and that on top of that, the dealer would give me another warranty of 12k/12 months.

Is it a good buy? Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

That is a slippery slope for sure.

Seeing that it is a known problem and not a one off fluke. I wouldn't discount it. I'd dig a little deeper and try knock that thing down every dollar possible!

I've dealt with lemons before, my advice, walk away. Find another car. That lemon stamp is like a scarlet letter, it will be stuck with the car forever. If you must have this car, get them to discount the car even more, going from a good vehicle to a known lemon, they should pay you or at least do an even trade.