2017 GT or 2018 GT? Who watches the market?

I have been looking in my market (Chicago area) and it seems like there are deep discounts on 2017 GT premiums ($5,000 below MSRP). I believe this is probably because dealers don't want to be stuck with a stock they cannot sell because of the greatly improved 2018 GT (Gen 3 coyote, digital dash, exhaust modes, magnetic shocks, etc.)

Do you think I will see deep discounts like this in the summer of 2018? or is this a right now incident happening to the 2017 stock because of the big 2018 changes? Or does this happen every year when dealers dump the prior years inventory?

TL;DR Would you buy a 2017 GT at a reduced price today or will the same reduction in price happen to the 2018 GTs a year from today?

• Sponsors (?)

Dealers discount their stock every year to make room for the next year. You most likely will not see discounts as big as what is on the 17's right now. Part is because they are trying to make room for the up coming 19's and partly because the 17's are less desirable. It's all a matter of choice, do you want the extra 25 hp and all the new gadgets or would you rather save money and put it in a 17. I myself would go for the deeply discounted 17 and spend 5K on headers, exhaust, and CAI with tune. And personally, I think the 15-17's are better looking than the 18, but that's my opinion.

Reactions: 1 user
Go and drive the amazing A10 GT in any form and you will not take a "17 I believe. The improvements are that good. For example the Mustang marketing manager said that all 18s get the PP shocks and struts to improve the ride quality over the previous models. Check out YOUTUBE videos of the 18 in action....faster than the Shelby GT 350 at the drag strips with the A10.

Go and drive the amazing A10 GT in any form and you will not take a "17 I believe. The improvements are that good. For example the Mustang marketing manager said that all 18s get the PP shocks and struts to improve the ride quality over the previous models. Check out YOUTUBE videos of the 18 in action....faster than the Shelby GT 350 at the drag strips with the A10.

I only race in the stick shift class.

Ford is having a really bad time with the newly redesigned MT82 manual tranny. This Chinese made unit now has aluminum shift forks which are breaking off out in the field and they are on backorder. Many owners are driving loaner cars waiting for new trannys from Ford with no relieve or replacements to be had. The previous metal forks do not fit the new design the story goes. A lot os A10 will be sold on this news.