• Mustang Forums
  • 2015 - 2023 (S550) Mustang -General/Talk

2018 Mustang gt engine tick with fbo what to do

  • Thread starter Thread starter Chrislong18
  • Start date Start date Nov 22, 2018
C

Chrislong18

New Member
Nov 22, 2018
1
0
1
Monroe ny
Nov 22, 2018
#1
  • Nov 22, 2018
  • #1
I have 10 k miles on my 2018 Mustang gt and I don’t know what to do because I have catless long tube headers and now my engine is making a loud tick and tapping sound could I take it to a dealer even tho I am fbo or they will not do the work to my engine I honestly need some help here
 
S

slickster

New Member
Oct 21, 2018
2
0
1
new jersey
Dec 13, 2018
#2
  • Dec 13, 2018
  • #2
you need to get back to stock remove the headers
 
B

Boone

Active Member
Jan 7, 2018
88
12
28
Central Florida
Dec 26, 2018
#3
  • Dec 26, 2018
  • #3
Any updates Chris?
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

S
Differential noise over bumps
  • sharkrat
  • Apr 10, 2026
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech
Replies
3
Views
240
2005 - 2009 Specific Tech Jun 18, 2026
TPony
I
2023 mustang gt fastback help
  • Izhar8709
  • Mar 22, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
2
Views
192
The Welcome Wagon Mar 23, 2026
LILCBRA
Engine Keeping O2 sensors lit with long tube headers
  • keel
  • Jul 30, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
4
Views
215
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Aug 21, 2026
Qtrhrse23
A
Help ID - Turbo GT, SVO differences
  • aldoelmalo
  • Jun 2, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
164
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 2, 2026
aldoelmalo
A
F
Fox 1990 Mustang GT 5.0 A9L – Engine suddenly shuts off but immediately restarts when key turned
  • FishermansFriend
  • Aug 9, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
16
Views
539
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 30, 2026
General karthief
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2015 - 2023 (S550) Mustang -General/Talk
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?