28 Spline axles...

The Green GT

No 13 year olds are safe around me.
10 Year Member
Jan 8, 2006
Louisiana
I am pretty sure one of my axle bearings is going bad.

SOOOOO Im gonn a change that and while Im at it ill change the axles out too.

Would it be worth it to get some Moser or Superior axles even though they are 28 spline?

I am getting Nittos too, but wont see much track at all.

• Sponsors (?)

Absolutely!! The Moser ones arent tapered in the middle like the OE ones are. If you are gonna run ANY tire that has decent bite, OE axles won't cut it.

Moser--"A882852 APPLICATION: Fits 1994-98 Mustang - 28 spline, 5 lug with ABS adapter 8.8" Ford rear, 28 spline, 29 31/32" long Diag. $250(pr)/$127.50(ea)"

Not a bad price for a little assurance that it won't be the fault of the axles, if you can't drive your car home from the track.

I would look for a 31 spline t-loc either from an F150 or an 03 cobra unit. The F150 can be rebuilt really well and if you do an "extra clutch" rebuild they can support some good power if done correctly.

I fully plan on a F150 T-loc and 31spline superior axles with a rear end brace.

I have heard of some first hand issues with the moser axles for our cars...that is why I would go superior they seem to have far less issues.

The diff would be like another $200. Plus I would have to re shim my rear end, and I just dont feel like doung that. And that bearing is pretty bad, so It needs to get done pretty soon. Id love to get a 31 spline setup, but I wont be making enought power to mess up a 28 spline for a while.

The biggie I have gatherd' is the weight of the car and the power...not just the power. Remember the extra 2-300lbs of weight is going straight to that axle and that is IMHO the reason you see failure in the 94+ more often.