2stangchris

Hello guys i have several questions regarding my o6 mustang gt but as of right now i am having trouble with it missfiring i have a obd2 scanner to delete the missfire when it occurs but it pops right back in a matter of about 15 minutes idk i have changed the spark plugs and they are gapped to oem specs changed the spark plug wires and changed the coil packs. When i bought the car i got it down the road and realized that i probably just got screwed over because it has blown head gaskets cracked heads or something because i can go and check the oil and the oil looks like mayonaise and i can clean bothe the stick and filler off crank it let it run for a few and check it again and the mayo is back can someone that has dealt with this issue before and fixed it give me some advice thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

If you have water in the oil then stop running it, period. The engine is likely done for but you will need to tear it down to see what failed. There is a slim chance you might be able to salvage it with new head gaskets and crank bearings. Most likely you will need to get a used or new replacement engine and install it.

Ok thx for the advice ive got pi engine coming off of a wrecked 2000 i was gonna use the heads and intake idk if the bottom parts are any good tho hell i dont even know if the heads and intake are even any good thats just the chance im gonna have to take

The engines in the 2006 and 2000 GTs are very different. They are not a direct swap and would need considerable customization to complete. Also, the 2000 motor has two valve heads and less horsepower than the 2005-2010 engines which have three valve heads.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user