• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

3:73 gear question

  • Thread starter Thread starter JackNanticoke
  • Start date Start date Dec 5, 2003
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
First Prev 2 of 2

forpit2000gt

Founding Member
Jun 30, 2002
2,490
0
0
Columbia, SC
Dec 8, 2003
#21
  • Dec 8, 2003
  • #21
Ford Motorsports lists the 4.10 kit as : M4209G410 and is around $ 200.00.
Maybe look for this PN or call and make sure which kit people are selling. GEF still has a good price , even with both kits sold seperately.
 

MrMorden

New Member
Nov 28, 2001
754
0
0
Athens, GA
Dec 8, 2003
#22
  • Dec 8, 2003
  • #22
Get 4.10s if you're going to stay NA, 3.73s if a supercharger, turbo, or N02 are in the future for you.
 

speed545

Member
Mar 21, 2003
458
1
18
Montreal, canada
Dec 8, 2003
#23
  • Dec 8, 2003
  • #23
JackNanticoke said:
In terms of the speedcal or chip, I am going to get the gears installed at my dealership, so do I still need the speedcal or is that a device the dealership should have?
Click to expand...

Still need speedcal or chip
 

COramprat

...I can take it. I think.
20+ Year Stangneter
Mar 2, 2003
8,474
1,463
223
Sea of Tranquility
Dec 8, 2003
#24
  • Dec 8, 2003
  • #24
Average install price is $200-250. Most performance shops may have the kits you are looking for. Call around and see if there price is better than you getting everything yourself. Usually you can find everything cheaper yourself though.
 

GotMustangs

New Member
May 11, 2003
390
1
0
Tacoma, WA
Dec 8, 2003
#25
  • Dec 8, 2003
  • #25
forpit2000gt said:
I see now why some places are so cheap on their gear prices. You only get the Ring gear and pinion for the $ 138.00, add another $ 40.00 for the ( M4210a) which you will need. and you have the average price of $ 180.00 that a lot of people advertise. The $ 180.00 price is a box with ring gear pinion, pinion nut, crush sleeve, shims and gasket. Call your Ford dealership and see if the can get the kit and how much. Check some other sites as well. I think someone had the whole kit for $ 169.00
I will look.
Click to expand...

Now I'm not sure if I got the whole kit. I had Summit Racing beat GEF's price. Summit's price WAS like $189. I got them to drop it to $139, so it was $147 shipped. I never opened the box, I just brought it to the shop that did the install, when I got it back, it just had the old 3.27 gears in it. I could check the PN on the box later and post it here. You never know, maybe I got the whole kit and pulled one over on Summit.
 
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
First Prev 2 of 2
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

3.08 gears with a manual trans
  • limp
  • Aug 27, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2 3
Replies
43
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 14, 2026
Qtrhrse23
F
5 lug disc brake pad help
  • Foxrider714
  • Nov 14, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
3
Views
286
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Nov 17, 2025
KRUISR
Sound deadener install
  • limp
  • Jun 15, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
254
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 17, 2026
limp
A
Blow through intercooled questions
  • AngryH58
  • Aug 31, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
181
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 1, 2026
AngryH58
A
Salvage/rebuilt title question
  • djj62478
  • Friday at 1:30 PM
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
69
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Friday at 2:41 PM
DadLife0724
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?