31 spline kit???

GTA_V6_Mustang

Nov 29, 2004
Miami, FL
I was looking around on e-bay and ran across this
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-...sories&fits=Model:Mustang&hash=item35ae62532d

Now my question is, would that work. I mean I guess it should right... The only difference is the spider gears that are splined for 31 spine so you should be able to sway out the 28 spline gears for 31 spline right?:shrug: Just wondering, thought this was interesting and maybe could be an affordable alternative to anyone looking to beef up their rear end on a budget.

• Sponsors (?)

ive asked about it before and i dont think anyones actually tried it. mostly got the answer thats the 31 spline trac-lok housing was bigger then a 28 spline housing

I have heard the 31 spline housing is bigger also, but can't confirm. It would be cool if this would work, make it alot easier to upgrade axles.

yes it would... wonder if auburn would sell me the **** to rebuild mine and throw 31's in it

I dunno, this seems like a spend less now, spend more later solution.
A 31 spline 03 cobra carbon rear complete is only like $250 new if you shop around.

And if the rear is out, it should get a rebuild and the clutch pack is like $100 alone, you would be like $200 in an experiment that only saves $50.

I wouldn't even consider it.