351/408 Crank Pulley Waterpump Rubbing After Swap

NewToFord

Oct 7, 2008
CT
I put on put an aftermarket harmonic balancer for a 351. I put the factory 5.0 crank pulley on and the factory 5.0 water pump and water pump pulley. I was told I could reuse both factory pullies. Car is a 93. The crank pulley and the water pump pulley are touching. They are rubbing together and I cannot put a belt on it or anything. Do I need a different pulley? I'm not sure why they are touching. What do you think? Thanks for the help.

• Sponsors (?)

I used the fox body front cover. The crank pulley I used was a 6.5 inch. then I found a smaller crank pulley in the garage, but it was so small I couldnt get a socket on the heads of the bolts to tighten them. anybody know what size pulley I should use or have a part #?

I used stock pulleys on mine. the distance between the water pump and crank should be the same on the 302 and the 351 as the timing cover is interchangeable and goes around the crank and has the water pump bolted to it. Are you sure you have the right water pump pulley? Its around 1/3rd smaller than the crank pulley and smooth (no ribs)