351w Swap Help.

The 302 I had in it when I first bought this car just about had it so I decided to go ahead and do a 351w swap. I've ran into a few problems but google was there to help me, but not this time. If you already know it or not if you do the 351w swap you have to get a different oil pan. I'm not paying $160 for that swap kit. I just bought a Ltd crown vic oil pan, I believe it's a 85 or somewhere in them numbers. The problem I have now is a can't find a oil pick up tube that will fit this oil pan. Which one do I need to buy? I'd hate to order the wrong part and then have to send it back especially while working out of town.

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

Not sure of part # for just the pick-up, I purchased the Ford Racing swap pan kit on Corral classifieds new for $100.
Looks like LMR is selling the swap pan kit for $140, maybe give them a call and see if they can provide part # for pick-up.
Stupid question but would the pick-up that goes with the Crown Vic pan work?

Apparently the 80-81 crown vic and I would imagine grand marque is the one you need
I'm gonna get this one I just saved $25 dollars from avoiding the kit. It looks like it would fit just right.

Part #83S1

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180121-115140.png
    Screenshot_20180121-115140.png
    586.7 KB · Views: 157
I actually just purchased another 351w swap kit. “Another”, because I couldn’t find the dipstick and tube that came with the first one.:doh:

Reactions: 1 user