35th anniversary Ford mustang

Corina4

Jun 13, 2024
Iowa
Hello. My baby usually sits in the garage looking pretty, I drive get once a week for a few miles. But Monday my daughter needed to borrow a vehicle and smoked a deer 5 min after she left my place. So I want to fix it. Is there a way to determine what number it is? Vin 1fafp4046xf159814. I've wondered this for over 20 years.
Is it best to use the same fiberglass hood or could I replace it with a metal one? Is there a good site to find used parts? Thanks so for you help

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome,

Do you have a true 35th anniversary car? I only ask because it's quite common for folks to see the 35th badges on the fender and assume their car is an Anniversary edition. It's a GT only package.

With that said, the unique item on the 35th hood is the hood scoop itself, as it's unique to only the 35th anniversary car and the 2000 spring edition Mustang. The '01+ hood scoop is similar, but not exact.

SO with that said, you can use a 01-04 hood off a GT and just move your scoop over. I beleive they used the same mounting holes. If you find a clean 99-00 hood with the scoop, you can drill and mount your existing scoop to that. Front bumper is standard GT. You'll need to track down the unique hood decal as well

1718291177663.png

35th cars were not serialized in terms of production order like Cobras were. There were 2318 GT coupes built, and 2310 GT convertibles built with the 35th anniversary package.