3G alt question

1991notchbackLX

Dec 25, 2007
New York
OK, I've searched and read through almost everything I could find about a 3G alternator install, but there's only one stupid thing that kind of threw me off. I purchased the PA-Performance.com complete kit from their website and it should be arriving on my doorstep in a day or two. The only question I have is whether or not there is a different way I have to wire this new alternator since I have a FMS High Torque Mini Starter??

JRichter's post in Roland69's thread in the Useful Technical Threads Index is what threw me for a loop, I'm no electrician, but here is the original post. Can anyone help me out? Thanks.

The changes you made in your starter solenoid wiring (for your starter) will make no difference to your alternator retrofit. Your wiring now probably looks like Jrichker's diagram for the 92-93 Mustangs (with the 4 AWG starter cable on the battery-side of the solenoid).

thanks HISSIN50, i actually used Jrichter's wiring diagram to wire the starter when i put it in, so it looks just like that... i had a feeling it wouldn't change anything about wiring the alt, i just wanted the peace of mind before i popped the hood and started wrenching... thanks again!

Chris