4.6 Cobra Heads On 5.4 Triton block

elio3848

Jan 5, 2020
Rochester, MN
I'm looking to do 5.4 swap and I have a pair of cobra c heads.

My main question is can I put 4v cobra heads a 5.4 block that was originally a 2v?

I know the head will bolt up but will the 2v block allow 4v chains and tensioners be bolted up ?

• Sponsors (?)

Yep they're out there but a word of caution: they do not make the power you think they would. I had my 4.6 rebuilt with stock parts (except for the arp hardware in the bottom and the flat top pistons) and with full exhaust, tune, jlt intake she puts down 323 hp and doesn't stop making power till like 6K. From what i understand a head/cam package, full exhaust, and tune, would produce similar (or better) results with a 2v without all the swap hassle.

its a lot less work, probably similar cost in the end, and you'll get something that pulls all the way to redline. i'm a broken record, i always suggest this to people considering a swap because working on 4v engines in the mustang bay SUCKS dude.

Yep they're out there but a word of caution: they do not make the power you think they would. I had my 4.6 rebuilt with stock parts (except for the arp hardware in the bottom and the flat top pistons) and with full exhaust, tune, jlt intake she puts down 323 hp and doesn't stop making power till like 6K. From what i understand a head/cam package, full exhaust, and tune, would produce similar (or better) results with a 2v without all the swap hassle.

its a lot less work, probably similar cost in the end, and you'll get something that pulls all the way to redline. i'm a broken record, i always suggest this to people considering a swap because working on 4v engines in the mustang bay SUCKS dude.
With my stock cobra H/C/I on a navi 5.4 block it should make close to 400, probably will need injectors . Im gonna do a low end rebuild, the navi 5.4 should come with a forge crank years 99-01, forge flat top pistons and forge rods, itll be one hell of a engine, down the road im gonna run e85.