4.6 DOHC into a 69

• Sponsors (?)

I forgot to add - look at the reenmachine thread stickied to the top of this forum. He put an DOHC 4.6L motor in a 67' if I remember correctly. Essentially the same mods required for a 69'.

One more try

Attachments

• th_58kb.jpg
    th_58kb.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 172
why spend that much money when a 351w with some bolts on makes more power and doesnt need to change half the car to fit

You may be correct if he palns on running a N/A application, but generally when I see 03 engine/trans this car will have an Eaton strapped to the top.

If this is the case, the mod motor with very little mods will make more power. Plus lets not forget the WOW factor.

Thanks for your help, yes thats it. a lotta hand fab on this one but she came out pretty good. At shows i usually get the "Oh sh#%" factor when they see the engine. I think this is still good. As far as advice, a lot of test fitting and hood closing. Everything has to be considered, A/C, Alt, headers, induction, oil pan, cross member, master cylinder, ecm, etc. I had the engine in and out of this thing at least ten times before I started welding. Take your time and plan ahead, and you will be OK.:D

I just finished putting a 32V 4.6 in a 67 coupe. It is a lot of work, (much which no one will ever see) but I think it is worth it. You will get a lot of dropped jaws, double takes, what the hell is that, well that gives sleeper a whole new meaning, and will the hood really close type of comments. Good luck.

i have a 68 coupe with a small block n/a ill run any of you all to prove my point

Perhaps people would prefer to have a new technology fuel injected modular motor that they can rely on day in and day out instead of the old technology pushrod motor?

Perhaps they want to do something unique and different?

Perhaps that 5.4l s/c nitrous motor would be faster?

I'm not sure what motor you have, and I'm not sure what kinda times your car runs. Looking at these other cars there is a good chance my '70 would outrun them with my Cleveland motor and plate system..... but I'd certainly trade them any day of the week. Even if I did go a half second slower.

I just finished putting a 32V 4.6 in a 67 coupe. It is a lot of work, (much which no one will ever see) but I think it is worth it. You will get a lot of dropped jaws, double takes, what the hell is that, well that gives sleeper a whole new meaning, and will the hood really close type of comments. Good luck.

And you never shared the details with us? WTF?

I guess us modular guys are just looking for something different. As far as power, not really interested in breaking any records, time wise or HP. In my younger days I'd gave my left nut for something over 700 HP. Now, its just knowing its there. As Paul Harvey has said, "with age comes a license, with time comes wisdom".

mines a world 460 small block with a efi hilborn on it ill trust something tired and true not the next new thing and btw look up the recalls on the driverside head on most mustangs and dont forget the 5.4 blowing out spark plugs since its lack of threads