4000 and 5000 rpm launches

lxwants12's

Sep 22, 2004
so what do u guys think/.. is it time for some high rpm launches? i have bee feathering and launchin between 2500 and 3500 rpm but 2 nit im gonna hit the track and i plan on cutting some good 60 foot...previously i was feathering with nitto 555rs and only getttin a best of 2.1 with a [email protected] really wanna hit high 11's tonight with these et streets....i have d&d upper and lowers...moser axles comp engineering 50/50 in the rear and lakewood 70/30 front struts..bbk lowering kit 1 1/2 inches...subframe connectors...i have no torque box reinforcements which is my concern..has any1 ever tore the tb's with the first few 5000 rpm launches?im running a 347 stroker which is currently making 331 rwhp and i know thata enough for low low 12's and high 11's especially with the 114 mph im crossing the line at even if im running a convertible...
i could only imagine how it will feel to launch that high and have sticky tires!!!

• Sponsors (?)

I wouldnt go there and initially dump it at 5000. You have your ET Streets, try 3500-4000 if you get that 60ft in the 1.9s thats low 12's right there, really low 12's!!!! Let it sit for awhile and if your real close try like 4500. Good luck

You'll have no problems, I did the same with my buds car with stock torque boxes, ended up with a 12.0@115 1.61 60". My best in my car(when it was a drag setup) was 1.52. All launches were 5-6k on my buds car, off the rev limit some times in my car.Just keep an eye on your torque boxes, you'll be fine!

yea thats what i plan on doing...drive it like you stole it...if i can get a 12.0 or high 11's then next week when im done my 75 or 100 shot install ill hopefully get low 11's then get kicked out for not having a full cage in my vert!!!:D :D

I would say go for it. A couple years ago when my dad had a stock tranny, stock motor with GT40Ps, and bolt ons, I went 12.1 @ 110 with a 1.64 60' on ET Streets. I launched at 5500 and the car hooked well. Now the car is much better set up, but we set it up more for NMRA racing, and had to add weight and throw DRs on. I would say drop the hammer at 5000 and it should hook decent and get you deep into the 12s, if not a high 11 by the end of the night!

12 psi in the tires 5-10 second burnout (when the tires start to grab) and then launch it hard and you should be happy!

k thanx for all the advise gonna record it and try to post it too...also i always run full street weight..which on my car is 3846...spare tire and jack 16 inch ponies up front 2 amps...all seats intact..if i dont get into 11's ill buy a pair of skinnies remove all that weight..but i already reached my goal of 12's with street tires so now its time to get my best time with slicks and full weight then without..then with the n20!

My best 60' times on my nitto's always come from an off idle launch. I let the clutch out just till it pules me into the beam and then just press it in enough that the engine will idle at 900 rpms. Then with a little slip of the clutch I roll into the throttle. This technique gets me low 1.8's to mid 1.9's. Any time I try to launch higher than 1500 I just spin.

im not to concerned about launchin on the nittos cause i do better with them on the street then i do at the track its wierd i have minimal spin on the street....what im worried about is launchin this thing @ 5000 rpm on et streets...its like a fear and excitement at the same time...i cant wait just hope i don break anything....really want some low low 12's badly..