410 gear reduce my 0-60 time???

robg860

Mar 2, 2004
Hi, today 410 put in 1996 auto GT. Girlfriends car i prefer 5-speed. Anyway, lets say we hit 60 with stock gear in 7 seconds. Do you think the gears put me at 6.5????????? MAybe that is too optimistic. What do you guys say??

• Sponsors (?)

Its about a 1/3 increase in gearing. 2nd gear tops out at ABOUT 80mph, so it will now be ABOUT 60 mph. If your lucky you will not have to shift and gain maybe a few tenths, if you do shift, take a tenth or two off what you have gained. Also depends on if you can get traction.

robg860 said:
Hi, today 410 put in 1996 auto GT. Girlfriends car i prefer 5-speed. Anyway, lets say we hit 60 with stock gear in 7 seconds. Do you think the gears put me at 6.5????????? MAybe that is too optimistic. What do you guys say??
0-60 is a magazine thing, but in your case a 6.5 is realistic. Im not too familiar with non pi cars, but Im sure that 3:73-4:10's will only help. I dont see u making more than 180 rwhp so tire spin might not be much of an issue. Ive stop watched my car at around 4.7-5.3 secs to 60mph and thats with tire spin so I dont know how accurae that is.

big T said:
0-60 is a magazine thing, but in your case a 6.5 is realistic. Im not too familiar with non pi cars, but Im sure that 3:73-4:10's will only help. I dont see u making more than 180 rwhp so tire spin might not be much of an issue. Ive stop watched my car at around 4.7-5.3 secs to 60mph and thats with tire spin so I dont know how accurae that is.

Your car hits 60 in around 5 seconds flat.:hail2: Seems kind of fast for a auto, do you run drag radials, I see all your suspension mods so I know it hooks.

98blackmagic said:
Your car hits 60 in around 5 seconds flat.:hail2: Seems kind of fast for a auto, do you run drag radials, I see all your suspension mods so I know it hooks.
Well I did use Nitto DR's to get my best ET...in sig, but I drive around on Kuhmo mx's for the street to get the 4.7-5.0 sec 0-60 times. I do have a decent suspension set up and a good trq converter which makes all the difference.

big T said:
Well I did use Nitto DR's to get my best ET...in sig, but I drive around on Kuhmo mx's for the street to get the 4.7-5.0 sec 0-60 times. I do have a decent suspension set up and a good trq converter which makes all the difference.

Awesome time:nice: I think that is really quick for a Auto car, in your sig you say you only have around 245hp at the wheels? Also on your 13.1 quarter run do you remember what your 1/8 was. I am very interested in your car because mine is a auto too and my new motor is going in at the end of next month and Im trying to get a idea of what other stangs are running (with autos) Your car is very impressive for such a small list of power makeing mods, your suspension is another story:hail2: