500 horses possible

• Sponsors (?)

In short, NO. Sure as heck with the 2V...absolutly impossable. Now I believe its POSSABLE with a 4V.....370RWHP is about max on a 2V. And even if you did get 500RWHP out of a 4V, it would have to be in FULL race setup with HUGE cams, FULLY P&Pd 00 Cobra R heads, FULLY P&Pd aftermarket intake manifold, FULL boltons, and a nice high compression aluminum 324CID Forged BB/stroker engine from VT. :D
Um, you would spend SOOOOOOO much $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ it wouldnt even be funny.
Oh and im not saying you couldnt get it to run on 91 octain and make 500RWHP...but it would take some INSANE tuning....then you would get pulled by a KBd cobra lol.
Go forged engine and nice S/C (2.2 KB...or Novi 2000) and you will make that easy.

500HP N/A means 110HP/liter...
Smaller blocs like the M3 or S2000 get that, but that's also with a 8000rpm or 9000rpm red line... higher compression and 4V/cyl of course...
I get the same 110HP/liter at only 6000rpm with my stock 4.6 2V block and the help of little boost :) not to mention the higher torque all the time!

Just stick with you plan B and get boost !

hey hotmustang, what kind of power is your built 331 makeing i have a freind with one and he ran a 450 to the wheels mustang and ran with him...the 331 was on all motor...
like everyone said it would take alot of cash to do that if it is possible

00s281sc368 said:
500HP N/A means 110HP/liter...
Smaller blocs like the M3 or S2000 get that, but that's also with a 8000rpm or 9000rpm red line... higher compression and 4V/cyl of course...
I get the same 110HP/liter at only 6000rpm with my stock 4.6 2V block and the help of little boost :) not to mention the higher torque all the time!

Just stick with you plan B and get boost !

A curious thing is if your power were to peak at 6000 RPM and the Honda were to peak at 9000 RPM, you would have to make 50% force (ie torque) to have the same amout of power as at 9000 RPM.

At 10500 RPM, if you had a 300 lb/ft motor, it would be making 600 hp there ;)

ponysarepretty said:
A curious thing is if your power were to peak at 6000 RPM and the Honda were to peak at 9000 RPM, you would have to make 50% force (ie torque) to have the same amout of power as at 9000 RPM.

At 10500 RPM, if you had a 300 lb/ft motor, it would be making 600 hp there ;)

Absolutely...assuming the tq stays that high... !

My peak torque is near 500 lbft (crank) at 3000rpm, then it goes down. If you compare to a ferrari or BMW M5 which gets about the same ~500HP N/A, but at higher rpm, their peak torque numbers are less than 400lbft :) but at higher rpm.
And overall the rpm range, my torque is always ~50% higher in comparaison...

The only problem compared to thoses engines, is that beyond 6000rpm, the torque curve is going down greatly... you can't have both... a 9000rpm redline and great power/tq at lower rpm...

97gtblue said:
hey hotmustang, what kind of power is your built 331 makeing i have a freind with one and he ran a 450 to the wheels mustang and ran with him...the 331 was on all motor...
like everyone said it would take alot of cash to do that if it is possible

Well, we just put on full 3 Inch magnaflow exhaust W/ Dr gas X and I will put on my 750 demon carb.
I had put it on a mustang dyno, and was VERY unhappy to say the least. Only made 252RWHP (about 275 on a dyno jet..about as strong as the GT), but he said the cars tune was so jacked up and how it was acting that he could barely get a reading in on it..took 2 or 3 times before anything came up on the dyno :shrug: . The guy said that there was so much left on the table with the tune and exhaust that I could get another 70RWHP out of it EASY. It had 2 1/2 inch exhaust into an H and then into some 3 chambered deltaflows, then went out of the flows with 2 1/4 NON mandrel bent pipe (after we cut it out...it got down to around 1 1/2-3/4 ish ID in some of the bends :jaw: ) out the back. A/F was at around 10.5 lol. Needless to say im going to buy a wideband 02 w/ gauge, in car timing adjuster ( dont even know what kind of timing its running now...but it will run 87 lol), and a jet kit and have at it. As you can see, it was NO where near refined when dynoed. It should make 340-360ish when we are done.
This car has 8.5-1 compression and a blower cam that really wont make any power N/A so thats why the #s are low. If I had 10-1 CR and a nice N/A cam...I could make WELL over 400RWHP. The freegin heads flow 291 CFM @ .600 (03 dohc cobras flow 266), Full P&Pd intake...has everything lol and we shift it at 6800-7200RPMs :D . The thing that worrys me thoug about teh dyno is that it only made 216RWTQ :shrug: ...I really dont trust the owner, so I dont know if the dyno was tampered with. Oh, and the car weighs 2890LBs so was still darn fast even with only that much power....cant wait to see how its going to run now :banana: and we also took off the flex fan and put on an electric fan and replaced the mechanical fuel pump with an electric one (still in process). Sorry for the length, but I needed to explain what was going on then vs now.

i have talked to VT engines and from what they told me, going with their 324 (thats their 3.7 bore and 3.75 stroke block) at an 11:1 (still usable on 93 octane). with their stage 2 cams, fully ported heads, full intake and exhaust; when tuned you should be around 475. so, take it for what its worth. but maybe lighten the drive line (aluminum FW, CF drive shaft) and you should be able to get close with a well performed tune. on a side note they did say they could alter the build slightly to see an 8000 RPM redline.

just wanted to pass along toms knowledge that was handed down to me.

EDIT: on a side note... you do realise that the cost of this is just slighly more then the KB... you get the power, AND a built block though.... VTs recommendation on this block was the spray the hell out of it (their exact words) to get whatever more power you wanted..... NOS direct port anyone?

Torinalth

Torinalth said:
i have talked to VT engines and from what they told me, going with their 324 (thats their 3.7 bore and 3.75 stroke block) at an 11:1 (still usable on 93 octane). with their stage 2 cams, fully ported heads, full intake and exhaust; when tuned you should be around 475. so, take it for what its worth. but maybe lighten the drive line (aluminum FW, CF drive shaft) and you should be able to get close with a well performed tune. on a side note they did say they could alter the build slightly to see an 8000 RPM redline.

EDIT: on a side note... you do realise that the cost of this is just slighly more then the KB... you get the power, AND a built block though.... VTs recommendation on this block was the spray the hell out of it (their exact words) to get whatever more power you wanted..... NOS direct port anyone?

Torinalth

I have to use every ounce of my rational being to not call VT and order that 324 big bore....Its the one thing i want for my car that i know i don't need..If you ever see a thread about my new 324 you know i lost the battle with my Demons inside. :(

Torinalth said:

Torinalth

Not doubting you or VT, but is that 475 at the wheels, sounds a bit high personally. I would have though it to be more like a flywheel rating. As this would be easier to measure and garuntee. A rwhp reading has far to many varaibles.

Also try and find out to what standard it is rated, if it's flywheel then is it Gross or Net or somewhere in between.

As for 500bhp n/a - easy fit a 460ci in there.