532 and TKO600 even though the FB guy flaked.

Engine mounts will cost me about 90 bucks with AJE. I've been running their K members for about 15 years. Not a single issue. Only problem I ever had was when I hit a curb and just slightly bent the control arm mounting point. ( doing mustang stuff )

Screenshot_20230123_123903_Chrome.jpg

D&D has a swap kit for 899. Won't be able to use the mounts.

Screenshot_20230123_132301_Chrome.jpg

I never thought it would be so hard to find swap headers. They used to be all over the place.

These would be the heads....maybe

Screenshot_20230123_133042_Chrome.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

This is the engine the guy flaked on. Was cleaned up at a machine shop. It's complete with edelbrock intake but in pieces. Tried to work something out over the weekend but didn't happen. The search continues. Even if I don't do it a record of ideas and prices will live on.

The biggest thing I hear about Speedmaster (a.k.a. ProComp) is to get bare castings. Some say the supplied valve train is not the greatest so its best to buy aftermarket for all of that and take them to a machine shop to have a valve job done and the valve trains set up and checked. I also read where guys have ordered them assembled then broke them down to clean up the casting flash (lots of it from what I read) and doing a good valve job. Other things more specific to the BBF heads are:
  • They require a CJ flange header/manifold.
  • Valve seat machining is not always centered right with the valve guide.
  • No where near the A460 head performance but those heads are on a different level.

Reactions: 1 user
Personally, I wouldn't jack with a BBF unless I could safely and cheaply get 4-digit power out of it. You'd need 4 bolt mains or the caps are going to walk on you. Our boy Mikey had one and had it on NO2 and it went boom from what I remember. I think if it did things economically, the swap would be a lot more popular than it is. Just my .02.

Reactions: 1 user
I can't see building a 460 and using anything but high quality parts.
So those heads would be pass for me.
You are already going to spend a grand on a bellhousing, at that point a budget build is history anyway.

Reactions: 1 users