65 Mustang manifold vacuum hose sucking down flat and car cuts off

blakewaller

Apr 29, 2019
Denmark, SC
I've been having trouble with my 65 Mustang cutting off when I push the clutch in to stop. Here are some of the issues that I know and hoping someone might know the cause before I buy an electronic distributor and new carburetor.

I have to do shot of Ether to start the car. Just a small shot and then it fires right up. After that I can drive down the road and it runs pretty good, BUT when I go to stop and push the clutch in the motor cuts off. If I can turn the key quick enough, it will start back up, but if it's more than 30 seconds, I have to do the starting fluid.

I noticed that my new vacuum hose going from the bottom of the carburetor to the pcv valve has been crushed flat by the vacuum force. Strange Stang....

Is there something obvious that could fix this? The crushed hose makes me think there is a definite answer to this problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

PCV valve is good, but the hose is not reinforced. So that amount of pressure isn't abnormally large? When I bought the car 4 months ago, it had a regular hose, I just replaced it because I was replacing all the hoses. I had someone else ask me about reinforced. Sounds like that could be worth a try.