67 Drum to Pwr Disk porportion valve question

DFriedl

Feb 17, 2020
rochester Ny
I have mostly finished conversion of my 67 FB from the old manual drum to power disk brakes. This all went well however I dont really want to use the oversized separate portioning valve supplied. Call me anal however is just big ugly and going to be a real pain to install. The exiting distribution block is only that as the original brakes were standard drum with no assist.

My question is for a recommendation for a good quality all in one positioning valve. I have l looked at NPD, CJ Pony and some otherventors. The pricing and reviews for any of thsed are all over the pace. All I think I need is a nice brass unit.
The engine is a stock 289 auto 2bbl and will not be used for racing.

Thanks in advance for any comments

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome aboard.
I lean towards these
Post pics of your car please.

83526011179_L1600_dc845e8e-838e-4fa3-92ae-5c5b12e4835b.jpg
SDK-A0730_xl.jpg

Sorry to hijack the thread but I have a quick question regarding disc swaps as well that doesn't really warrant its own thread. I currently have the Wilwood prop valve and am planning to run drums in the rear (discs in the front) until I pick up a new rear end when i'll go to discs. Can i just run the prop valve adjusted for the drums for now then readjust the flow rate for the discs when i perform the swap? I don't see why this wouldn't work, however on other threads guys were basically saying you have to have a special master cylinder for disc/drum which doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, since the prop valve will limit flow rate to the rears for now... Just looking for the thumbs up before I proceed.

Comes down to MC bore, bais, and volume of fluid pushed.
There is often a different size Master cylinder bore for the kind of calipers (read volume needed) you use.
Having the wrong MC bore can make a power system have a harder pedal than a manual system.
What kind of car / weight is involved. Is it power now? Will it be in future? MC higher than brakes?

ie. the 67 mustang disc/drum master won't push enough fluid to rears to work the old Lincoln Versailles 9-inch rear-disc swap.
Bottom line you need a MC to match your system component choices.

Comes down to MC bore, bais, and volume of fluid pushed.
There is often a different size Master cylinder bore for the kind of calipers (read volume needed) you use.
Having the wrong MC bore can make a power system have a harder pedal than a manual system.
What kind of car / weight is involved. Is it power now? Will it be in future? MC higher than brakes?

ie. the 67 mustang disc/drum master won't push enough fluid to rears to work the old Lincoln Versailles 9-inch rear-disc swap.
Bottom line you need a MC to match your system component choices.
It is a 1" wilwood master cyl attached to a 7" booster. I based the master cyl bore off of other disc kits and disc/drum kits having 1" bores. Front discs are 4 piston dynalites, rears will probably be either explorer discs if I go ahead and narrow an 8.8 or whatever comes with QP Performace 9" rears if i do that.