68 windshield wipers

growth

May 27, 2005
Has anybody done any kind of a retro fit to the windshield wipers on a 68 ? I want to get away from the foot operated switch to someting more updated like a regular type switch unit or anything that someone has come up with. Thanks.:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

69+ cars had an electric pump, all it takes is a 12v feed and you've got power squirters. It works ok, but doesn't solve the crappy 67 squirter nozzles...

I've removed the footpedal from my car and am planning on tying in the pump I added with the wiper switch to a push button. That way I'll be pushing a button to get wipers / fluid rather than pumping with my foot...

Would be nice to change the squirters though, be interested if anyone has done that!

I added a new washer box with electric pump, with a small push button (right by the switch lever) to wash. I also switched out the "squirters" by talking thin brass pipette, (got it from a local Ace), then I just used a thin screwdriver to pinch one end in the center. When I did the test to see what they would do, they shot almost 12 feet :rlaugh: That should work!

WhatI'm trying to do is get rid of the foot switch for the wipers and try a regular type of switch to work the wiper motor and not just the washer.

Yup, removed the foot switch. Push it and it squirts the fluid and turns on the wipers for a cycle. I just put it up one the dash, removing the entire switch operated by foot.

The reason is that the switch on the bezel is broke and I can't find a replacement for it. I can find a swicth for everyother year but the 68 seems imposible to find