69 Falcon wagon

tweet66

Founding Member
May 19, 2001
Pennsauken, NJ
Ok, I traded my 74 Bronco for a 69 Falcon wagon (looks like a 66-7 Fairlane from the doors back) and now I want to do some suspension modifications to improve the handling and because I just can't leave anything alone :D I've been told that I can use 67-70 Mustang sway bars, is this true? Could I use the 1' lowering coils up front also? I've checked with Falcon, Fairlane, Torino specific vendors and their catalogs and personnel are a little vague on what fits and what doesn't. :scratch: TIA.
Ken

• Sponsors (?)

That's the problem

tjm73, that was the 70 1/2 Falcon, the last cars produced with that name :notnice: but this bodystyle is different. The front sheet metal is definitely 69 Falcon but the rest of the car is Failane nad the interior seems to be a mix of Fairlane and Torino.

Worth =

Attachments

• mywagon1.jpg
    mywagon1.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 119
  • mywagon3.jpg
    mywagon3.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 139
Sweet dude!!

I've always wanted to get a wagon, put the doors (and jamb I guess) from a 2 door on, weld up the rest and either colour match the rest of the glass with tint or weld in a panel aka sedan delivery style.

2 buckets in the back with a DVD/ playstation for the kids, then my kayak (colour matched of course with poweder-coated rack can go on top). :nice: Look good though.

BBRacer, I was thinking along the same lines, weld the rear doors shut or swap the longer Farilane sedan doors, move th b-pillar na dcreate one long side window, with limo tint of course. The more I look at it the more I like it the way it is. It just needs to handle and stop a little better. I am going with EFI and an AOD though :nice:

Max Power can I get a Hollander catalog? I though you had to be in the "buisness" to have one of those. By the way I like the Mav. Almost had my ahnds on one last week. A 72 baby blue , 65,000 mile original with extremely minor rust (doors only) for New Jersey. $600 :D I was trading my 62 Falcon (Econoline) van and $150 bucks for it. but someone pulled up right before me, literally, and handed the guy cash as I was parking the van :bang: :bang: :bang: :mad: :mad:

Pretty Much you can buy stuff from a 69 Mustang and It will fit because I have a 68 Falcon and when I by stuff for it I just say 69 Mustang. All the front suspension is the same. I just replaced everything up front. When I order it I just said 69 Mustang 428 motor. Your Falcon front end looks exactly like mine.

555942_26_full.jpg

555942_10_full.jpg

555942_5_full.jpg

555942_8_full.jpg

My dads good buddy owns a 69 Mustang and we built my car after his. Because his car is so sweet.
554398_29_full.jpg

554398_27_full.jpg

MaxP thanks for the link.

90NotchBack, thanks for the info. Nice ride by the way :nice: I like the two tone paint scheme and I have to say everything under your hood looks a hell of alot cleaner and quicker than mine :hail2: Where are you in Hollywood, next time I'm visiting the soon to be inlaws maybe I could stop by and see your car in person. They live in Sunrise.

Ken

I live a little south of them. I live in Hollywood or Pembroke Pines. If you know your way around down here. I live off of Pines Blvd. In front of Perry airport. Well, when your coming down just PM me and I'll give my address and we can set something up. Well, I'm going to racing tonight so I have to go get ready.