69 front fenders/grill on a 73?

sheet metal very different between those two ( 69 and 73 )
fender won't match the door

Shelby de mexico made a nice version of that coupe

Thank you for the reply, I just wanted to be sure before I started stockpiling parts for this project. Got my 302 for it already, probably go with a mild cam in it, intake and headers etc
My next issue is that I don't have a trunk key and want to see if it has any of my missing trim pieces in it

Reactions: 1 user
if you are looking to just bolt on the 69 front end, the answer is no, it wont fit. however, if you are willing to do some(read a whole bunch) of surgery, then you can make the 69 front end fit the 71-73 mustangs.

I dont know ,fenders and hood are longer on a 71 73 ,would be more work than most would want to take on . Just the body line from the 71 -73 would be a very big task . I would find the correct front end . There is a couple on face book market place now

Reactions: 1 user

i am not saying that it would only take a little surgery to make them work, far from it. but given the things i have sen people do with body panels from wildly different ars and make them work, i am only saying it can be done. not something i would recommend doing though.

This poor old mustang is ready for the love you are out to bestow upon it.

Ask long as were dreaming, dream big!
I vote for the nasa scoop hood and a 460 big block with mini tubs
just saying

if any part are to be bought and placed it should be timing chains and oil pumps
Not as fun as intake manifold or headers but.....