69 front fenders/grill on a 73?

So I picked up a 73, it needs both front fenders replaced, I like the earlier 69? Or so front end look. Anyone swap them out, is the cab and frame the same?

Attachments

• IMG_20190908_170707.jpg
    IMG_20190908_170707.jpg
    555.7 KB · Views: 207
  • Sponsors (?)

sheet metal very different between those two ( 69 and 73 )
fender won't match the door

Shelby de mexico made a nice version of that coupe

1972-ford-mustang-gt-351-mexican-shelby-extremly-rare-collector-mustang-2.jpg

image026.jpg

Thank you for the reply, I just wanted to be sure before I started stockpiling parts for this project. Got my 302 for it already, probably go with a mild cam in it, intake and headers etc
My next issue is that I don't have a trunk key and want to see if it has any of my missing trim pieces in it

Reactions: 1 user
if you are looking to just bolt on the 69 front end, the answer is no, it wont fit. however, if you are willing to do some(read a whole bunch) of surgery, then you can make the 69 front end fit the 71-73 mustangs.

I dont know ,fenders and hood are longer on a 71 73 ,would be more work than most would want to take on . Just the body line from the 71 -73 would be a very big task . I would find the correct front end . There is a couple on face book market place now

Reactions: 1 user
I dont know ,fenders and hood are longer on a 71 73 ,would be more work than most would want to take on . Just the body line from the 71 -73 would be a very big task . I would find the correct front end . There is a couple on face book market place now

i am not saying that it would only take a little surgery to make them work, far from it. but given the things i have sen people do with body panels from wildly different ars and make them work, i am only saying it can be done. not something i would recommend doing though.

This poor old mustang is ready for the love you are out to bestow upon it.

Ask long as were dreaming, dream big!
I vote for the nasa scoop hood and a 460 big block with mini tubs
just saying:D

if any part are to be bought and placed it should be timing chains and oil pumps
Not as fun as intake manifold or headers but.....