72 Project

Hey guys I’ve got some questions for whoever’s willing to help me out. I just got a 72’ Mustang, and am determined to build and restore it. My main issues is knowledge on what to do and how, but I’ve got a good starting point I think. The car has no engine or transmission, but I’m getting a 351w and auto trans from a salvage yard. Body work I can do, as well as replacing all the interior. I think I should start off with suspension and steering first however, but this is the area I’m so inexperienced with. There’s no steering wheel, and each tire turns independently right now, and I’m not sure where to start with this. If anyone has any insight it would be tremendously appreciated, even if it’s just “steering” me in the right direction.

• Sponsors (?)

start with the chassis suspension and brakes. taht way when you are ready to install the drive line, you can get the car on the road that much quicker.

however, i suggest that you sit down and set up a plan for building this car. what do you want from the car, what mods are you wanting to make, etc. once you put that plan together, then stick to it. as you go along with the build you will be tempted to deviate from the plan. some car show will tout some new parts, or some guy will suggest a mod that requires you make other changes as well, etc. dont give into these temptations otherwise you will end up losing thime on your build,as well as money.