75 Mustang Oil Pan

• Sponsors (?)

I was looking at mine last weekend, and I had about 3/4" of clearance between teh bottom of the oil pan and the suspension cross member. I don't think that's enough to clear the crank throws, so you'll probably need to raise the engine a bit.

1. Drain oil.

2. Loosen the engine mount bolts on the passenger side. You want to create a gap between the engine mount and the frame bracket so that you can wedge a board in to keep the engine raised.

3. Place a board under the front of the oilpan and jack just enough to take the weight off of the mount.

4. Remove the engine mount bolts.

5. Jack the engine up enough to get a 1 inch board between the frame mount and engine mount.

6. Lower jack and remove.

7. Remove oilpan, replace gasket, and replace oilpan.

8. Place jack and board back under oilpan and raise enough to remove board from engine mount.

9. Lower engine and replace engine mount bolts.

10. Refill engine with oil.

This might be a good time to a. change the oil and filter in your engine and b. repaint your oil pan. And I would pressure wash the bottom of the car before starting if it has not been done recently. :D

So far all I have found is the old style cork gasket for the oilpan, but there is a nice new rubber gasket (from Ford and Felpro) for the cam cover.