76 ghia electrical problems

Fink

Sep 23, 2003
Melrose MA
Just picked up a 76 ghia and have a few electrical bugs, if anyone can point me to the how to remove the dam head light switch thread it would be most helpful. I can get the pin out but i cant get the silver face plate part to budge. The Idiot lights all still work its just the tach and speedo that are out i beleive.

Aslo the rear break lights seem to be stuck on all the time. The Front blinkers work fine but the rears seem to just sit at bright(as if you were breaking) all the time.

and finaly the reverse lights arent working, where is the switch located so i can get a tester on it?

• Sponsors (?)

With that many problems, I'd say you might have a ground problem. If you already have the headlight switch plunger out (pushed the button on the side of the switch itself and pulled the plunger all the way out), the bezel (chrome plated plastic) is just threaded, so you should be able to rotate that out counterclockwise. Not sure where the reverse switch is on the II, but it's probably the same as my Bronco: on the transmission itself, with a cable leading up to the wiring harness at the back of the engine bay. Good luck.