#8 fuse blows, need ideas on tracing wire

Fenix50

Dec 7, 2007
92 GT Hatch

#8 fuse continuously blows (radio, power mirrors, interior courtesy lights, engine courtesy light) after receiving the car back from the paint shop. The green w/ yellow wire is testing ground so i know that there is a grounded wire somewhere. I have eliminated any electronic component by disconnecting everything and the problem still exists. I checked the dome light area by pulling the headliner and a pillar covers and hatch latch by isolating it with a disconnect plug in the drivers rear quarter. I pulled the door pin switches also but the wire still reads ground. 95% of the interior is out so i want to rule out any door sills or seat / plastic panel pinches.

I had the front clip and passenger front fender replaced and also an aftermarket hood. Both doors and hatch stayed on the vehicle and I removed all the electronics associated with this circuit prior to taking it into the shop.

Any ideas on where else i can track the wire to look for kinks/pinches? Is there a manual out there that shows the ENTIRE electrical diagram? My chilton seems to only show the engine management. Any new ideas? I really don't want to run a new circuit for all this stuff and the door pins use a positive trigger which means i would have to rewire my alarm also...

Thanks for any input.

• Sponsors (?)

For those of us without an EVTM for a 92, what is the green/yel wire?

If you have disconnected all of the components and the fuse still blows, check the source wire leading to the fusebox.

Good luck.